Tracking progress for students of professional schools
The Forestry Vocational Training Centre of the Canton of Vaud, Centre de Formation Professionelle Forestière (CFPF), needed a platform to track the evaluation of their apprentices. We created Eval Pro, a tool for professional schools that is optimised to track and follow-up on practical courses.
Co-creation of the next Nothing product
The Centre de Formation Professionelle Forestière (CFPF) is the main professional school of forestry education in the canton of Vaud. For their forestry training, they needed to update their learning tool to allow the seamless evaluation and tracking of personalisable practical courses.
The Nothing team coordinated the collaboration of the involved parties and, together with CFPF (the initiator of the project) and Arcanite (our partner for the back end), defined the strategy for Eval Pro.
An intuitive evaluation platform for teachers
The UI of CFPF’s previous solution had not been optimised for the needs of the users. The evaluation page, which stands at the centre of the learning process, had to be improved most, alongside aspects linked to the UX and UI.
The current version of the Eval Pro is aimed at teachers who follow and evaluate the students’ skills in their courses.
It enables them to:
- Setup the course plan easily and intuitively.
- Import apprentices and create classes
- Evaluate the students continuously and export the final evaluation
- Facilitate collaboration with possibility to pass the evaluation to other teachers
The platform is accessible from anywhere, at any time, so that the continuous and detailed follow-up of apprentices is guaranteed.
Teaching and practicing professional skills
The evaluation page was reworked make assessing young professionals as easy as possible. The platform auto-away saves everything, so that no record goes lost.
Helpful functionalities include:
- General remarks in relation to the student
- Customisable evaluation form for every course
- Evaluation format optimised for professional schools with combined theoretical and practical instruction
- Mark theoretical input (E) and practical session (P) as done
- Rate the student’s execution
- Export of the evaluation for the student’s training companies.
The future of a customisable learning platform
The core of Eval Pro is flexible and can be adapted to any type of practical teaching and customised to your teaching plan. We are already working on additional functionalities such as the addition of media to the evaluation to optimise both learning and evaluation.
While CFPF funded the initial creation of Eval Pro, we now turn towards the future. We’re looking to find other professional schools to continue the development and improvement of the product.